Things are looking up...
So I was feeling a bit down yesterday. The room didn't pan out, so I'm still at the hostel. The good news though is that these American girls are here until Friday. So at least I can talk to them. Last night I met up with some Canadians and they were really nice too. Again, nice to have the company. And my friend Sharon's introduced me to one of her friends in Ireland, so that's cool too. She's been so helpful trying to point me in the right direction in terms of getting a job, housing etc.
I was feeling a bit bored at nights, as there was nothing really to do - no one to talk to etc. So I've been spending a lot of time on the internet or just kind of sitting there.
But I am slowly starting to talk to people more and I suppose it can't just happen overnight. Anyway, I've applied to some reception type jobs and to two temporary agencies. So we'll see what happens. The teaching thing doesn't look like it's going to happen, as jobs are pretty scarce. There isn't a lot posted on the education websites that I've seen. So I'm looking at office type work now. The consultant I spoke to said I should have work pretty soon. She also said that the temp. industry can be very up and down but it should be picking up soon with all the students returning to school. Hopefully that'll lead to contract type jobs too. There are help wanted signs around at the shops and stuff so I can always do that if things don't pan out in the office sector.
Anyway, I think tha'ts pretty much all to report. I'm going to have to stop going on the net so much as it's costing me an arm and a leg.
The cleaners found my adaptor so I'm really happy about that. So the woman had just left it on the floor. Hope you're all well...
I was feeling a bit bored at nights, as there was nothing really to do - no one to talk to etc. So I've been spending a lot of time on the internet or just kind of sitting there.
But I am slowly starting to talk to people more and I suppose it can't just happen overnight. Anyway, I've applied to some reception type jobs and to two temporary agencies. So we'll see what happens. The teaching thing doesn't look like it's going to happen, as jobs are pretty scarce. There isn't a lot posted on the education websites that I've seen. So I'm looking at office type work now. The consultant I spoke to said I should have work pretty soon. She also said that the temp. industry can be very up and down but it should be picking up soon with all the students returning to school. Hopefully that'll lead to contract type jobs too. There are help wanted signs around at the shops and stuff so I can always do that if things don't pan out in the office sector.
Anyway, I think tha'ts pretty much all to report. I'm going to have to stop going on the net so much as it's costing me an arm and a leg.
The cleaners found my adaptor so I'm really happy about that. So the woman had just left it on the floor. Hope you're all well...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home